Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting on track

Between the trip to Flordia, the holidays, a cold, and just plan being down in the dumps, I've gotten behind in my training schedule.  I should be running 4 miles on training days, but I'm still on 3 miles.  I did get my 3 miles last night, which was great and I'm going to do 3 miles tomorrow, then increase my mileage to 4 miles starting Friday.  I'll be a week off through next week, but should be back on track after next weekend.  I do run on a treadmill right now because it's just too cold to be running outside!  I heard it's supposed to be in the 50's over the weekend (maybe that's just a rumor), so maybe I can run outdoors over the weekend, which I really prefer.
Picked up some veggie sushi from Heinen's, one of my favs and some Amy's Organic Vegetable Barley Soup for lunch.  I've been reading about the connection between diabetes and heart disease (both of which,Mom suffered from) and how diabetes is caused by processed foods, not just too much sugar.  On January 27, Dr, Caldwell Esslestyn will be a part of the screening of  "Forks over Knives" (information below).  Dr. Esselstyn's research and writing has been a big part of my move back to a plant-based diet.  I can't wait!!
"Forks over Knives" - This provocative film highlights the research of Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. T. Colin Campbell and makes the claim that most degenerative diseases can be prevented, and even reversed, by consuming a plant-based diet. View the film, enjoy a healthy boxed-dinner prepared by Whole Foods Market and hear a panel discussion featuring Dr. Esselstyn, Rip Esselstyn (also in the film) and participants in Dr. Esselstyn's research who experienced remarkable results. Suggested donation to AHMA is $20. Buy tickets at www.holisticmedicine.org, or at Whole Foods Market stores, 13998 Cedar Rd, University Hts., or 27249 Chagrin Blvd., Woodmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment