Friday, February 25, 2011

Pushing Through

The last few weeks have been such a struggle, but last night's 6 miles run was just great!!  I hope I have made it over that Wall that was making me feel so worn out.  Tomorrow is my first 14 mile run, so I'm hoping the weather doesn't make that too difficult!
Sometimes just putting one foot in front of the other is the best I can do.  I learned that while I tried to help Mom and Dad get through all their medical issues.  I got through Mom's birthday and my birthday and now I am faced with the 3rd anniversary of Kate's death on 3/1 as well as the anniversary of Dad's death on St. Patrick's Day.  3/17 will never be the same for me....
Eating "Green" has been going extremely well.  For me, this is really a very natural thing and something that I know works the best for my body.  I have lost 10# since the beginning of the year and while I'd love for the weight to be falling off at a faster rate than that, I am happy for that change.  The more I read, the more I know that this is the only way I can avoid going down the road that Mom ended up going down.  It's so frustrating to see information on heart disease, like the Barbara Walters special a couple weeks ago focus on surgery.  Even when she interviewed President Clinton who is now vegan, he barely spoke about the connection between diet and heart disease.  I've also been very interested to see that studies are now showing that diabetes can be eliminated with a plant-based vegan diet.  Of course, the meat and dairy industry has convinced everyone that diabetics need to avoid ALL carbohydrates, which it turns out is not true. 
As the snow continues to fall, I sure hope the group run isn't cancelled.  I can't do 14 miles on the treadmill!!!!!!

I could really use some help with my fundraising, so if you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!!
(There is a link at the bottom of my blog page)

No comments:

Post a Comment